Terms and Conditions
We are going to make this section as “human-readable” as possible, this makes us as transparent as possible. If you have any comments or suggestions please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’re always listening.
This document sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to the access and use of the website www.meetdonut.com and its Android and iOS mobile applications (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Platform” or “Donut”) and the Services rendered thereof respectively. The Platofrm are owned and operated by Chained Ventures Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013.
Users are requested to carefully read this Agreement prior to accessing, browsing or using the Platform. Accessing, browsing or using the Platform by the Users, shall be deemed to constitute their acceptance of this Agreement and an undertaking to be bound by its provisions.
- BINDING AGREEMENT
- Donut is an ‘Intermediary’ in accordance with section 2(1)(w) of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and these Terms and Conditions have been laid out in accordance with the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive data or Information) Rules, 2011 and The Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- By using the Service, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse our websites or use our software without registering) or you are a “Member” (which means that you have registered to create an account with Donut). The term “you” or “User” refers to a Visitor or a Member. The term “we” or “our” refers to Donut. You may not use the Service and you may not accept this Agreement if you are not of a legal age to form a binding contract with Donut. If you accept this Agreement, you represent that you have the capacity to be bound by it or if you are acting on behalf of a company or entity that you have the authority to bind such entity. If you do not agree to this Agreement, please don’t use the Service.
Scope of services
- Donut aggregates all rewards on underlying finances and gives users the ability to check it on the app by giving available coupon codes, gift vouchers, discounts and reward points t the point of checking-outs of e-commerce websites using chrome extension or providing the offers available on different brands available to the users depending on the cards they are holding.
- All products you purchase from a third party merchant through the Platforms, including gift vouchers, are: (a) priced by the applicable third party merchant (including but not limited to whether such prices include applicable local, state, or federal taxes, and any additional fees, such as shipping and handling); and (b) fulfilled, shipped, and otherwise serviced (including but not limited to the processing of returns, refunds, and cancellations) by the applicable third-party merchant and not by Company. Company is not a re-seller or distributor of any products of third-party merchants displayed within the Platforms. The Company does not warrant the standards or quality of the Products or provide guarantee on the Product purchased from third party. The Company shall not be responsible or held liable for any quality issues or defect in the products bought from third-party merchants using the coupons and gift voucher applied to such purchased from our Platforms.
- Coupon codes supplied by Donut are crowdsourced, aggregated and fetched from 3rd party services, the Company try to curate the best deals but there might be a possibility that some coupons don’t work as intended, therefore, Company assumes any liability whatsoever for any deals that may not work in manner as expected.
- The Credit/Debit card reward value is an approximation and real value might differ. We take the most up-to-date value (as per the bank’s website) and calculate the rewards on a real-time basis at the time of purchase, the actual reward value you receive might differ as per bank’s policy.
- The gift vouchers, coupons or any displayed of any brand name, logo or trademark of third-party merchants and vendors are strictly for providing services to you or for advertisement purposes. Such display does not indicate and shall not be treated as an affiliation or our association with such brands or companies. We assume no liability whatsoever for standards or quality of the Products or provide guarantee on the Product purchased from third party.
- Your Registration Information
- To avail certain Services on the Platform, the Users shall register and create an account with the Platform that would require Personal Information of the Users.
- In consideration of the use of the Platform by registering with us, you hereby represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not prohibited from receiving the Services under the laws of India or other applicable jurisdiction.
- The responsibility for all the activities in relation to a User account including maintaining the confidentiality of their username the password shall be solely borne by the concerned User and the Company shall not bear any liability or responsibility for any breach in relation to the same. If the User suspects any unauthorized breach or activity on his/her account the User shall promptly notify the Company. The User agrees and acknowledges that any information provided by such User does not infringe the rights of any third-party.
- The Users shall provide true, accurate, current and complete information while registering on the Platform and undertake to update/inform the Company of any change in the information from time to time as it has a direct bearing on the provision of Services provided by or through the Company. You hereby undertake that by registering on the Platform, you are not misrepresenting any information or your identity and you shall not make any attempt to make any unlawful access to the Platform in order to use the Services thereof.
PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR LOGIN INFORMATION, If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Registration Information, you agree to notify Donut immediately. (Please use a password manager 🙂 )
5. Your use of the service.
Your right to access and use the Service is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person or entity. You are only entitled to access and use our Service for lawful, internal, and non- commercial purposes. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, Donut hereby grants to you, a personal, worldwide, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, and non-exclusive license to use the software and content provided to you as part of the Services (and to download a single copy of the Donut Mobile App onto your personal mobile device).
The User is hereby prohibited from hosting, displaying, uploading, modifying, publishing, transmitting, updating or sharing any of the following information and indulging in any of the following activities:
- Impersonates any person or entity or false claim or otherwise misrepresents your association or affiliation with any person or entity;
- Access, use, or availing services through the account that belongs to others without their authorization;
- Infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of the Company or any third-party, whether individual or entity;
- Use of the Services or the Platform in any manner that could damage the Company, the Platform or its reputation;
- Damage, circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with the security-related features of the Platform or use software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, limit or impair the functionality of the Platform;
- Disassemble, decompile, decipher or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, by way of reverse engineering or by any other method, of the Platform or any part thereof;
- Use of data mining, robots, crawlers or similar data gathering and extraction tools and technologies in any manner or for any purpose whatsoever
- Intentional interference with the Platform to damage, restrict, delay or inhibit operation of the Platform or any part thereof by any means, including without limitation, uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, spyware or other malicious files that consists of contaminating or destructive feature;
- Availing the Services using the Platform with reasonable belief to be potentially fraudulent funds;
- Post, communicate or otherwise transmit any messages or content which is defamatory, blasphemous, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, harms, minors, hateful, or racially, ethnically, objectionable, disparaging, threatening, relating to encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever or which discloses private or personal matters concerning the Company or any third-party.
- Use of services if the User is under the age of 18 years;
- Use of the Platform or Services to indulge in or conduct any activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activities which infringes the rights of others;
- Providing false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- Use of the Platform to collect or obtain Personal including financial information or Non-personal Information of any other users except with written approval by the Company;
- Use of or payment through Donut Card network reasonably believed to be an abuse of the card payment system or violation of applicable laws in this regard;
- Downloading, copying, using, aggregating, reproducing, publishing, modifying, distributing, deleting any data information, data or content without prior consent from the Company or the Users, as the case may be
Please be aware that Donut reserves the right to revoke your access to the Donut App or App Services, subject to our reasonable discretion. In this regard, we may also choose to suspend your Donut Account or your access to the same. As a registered user, in such an event, you may contact our support team to assist you/resolve the situation.
7. Rights you grant to us
By submitting information, data, passwords, usernames, PINs, other log-in information, materials and other content to Donut through the Service, you are licensing that content to Donut solely for the purpose of providing the Service. Donut may use and store the content, but only to provide the Service to you. By submitting this content to Donut, you represent that you are entitled to submit it to Donut for use for this purpose, without any obligation by Donut to pay any fees or other limitations.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of the Service, including its “look and feel” (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos and button icons), photographs, editorial content, notices, software (including html-based computer programs) and other material are protected under both Indian and other applicable copyright, trademark and other laws. The contents of the Service belong or are licensed to Donut or its software or content suppliers. Donut grants you the right to view and use the Service subject to these terms. You may download or print a copy of information provided in the Service for your personal, internal and non-commercial use only. Any distribution, reprint or electronic reproduction of any content from the Service in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited without our prior written consent. If you would like to request such permission, shoot us an email at email@example.com
- Donut may from time to time provide automatic notifications and voluntary account-related notifications. Our basic operating point of view is to do everything we possibly can to avoid annoying you so wherever possible we will minimize unnecessary notifications and provide configuration switches to limit unwanted communications.
- By continuous usage of the Platform, the User consents to receive communications from the Company using various channels of communication including, but not limited to, SMS, calls, emails, etc. regarding the usage of the Platform and the solicitation and promotion of its Services, features, and offerings, verification of the User availing services.
8. REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTIES
- The Users represent and Warrant that they are legally competent and have the complete right and authority to enter into this Agreement in accordance with applicable laws and the execution, delivery, and performance of this Agreement by such User shall not constitute a violation of any laws, breach of any agreement or require the permission of any third party or governmental authority.
- The Users represent and warrant that all the information, data, and content provided by such Users on the Platform is true, accurate and up to date and undertake to provide any other information that may be required by the Company for the purposes stipulated herein. The Users undertake that in the event the Company requires any proof, whether documentary or otherwise of the information and data provided by such Users on the Platform they shall forthwith provide the same to the Company
- The Users represent and warrant that they possess the rights, titles, and interest in any and all the information and content provided by such Users on the Platform and the posting or submission of such information and content shall not constitute the violation or infringement of the rights of any other person or entity.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that he shall maintain a minimum balance in their respective Bank Accounts in order to make payments through or by using the Platform. The Company assumes no liability whatsoever in respect of any breach of the obligations imposed by their respective Issuing Banks on the Users.
9. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
- The Platform and the services, features, offerings, information, content available on it is available on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. The Company disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose except for those warranties that cannot be excluded under applicable laws. The Company does not guarantee any specific results from the usage of the Platform.
- The Company provides no warranty that:
- The Services will be uninterrupted;
- The Services will meet your requirement;
- Accuracy or reliability of the results that may be obtained from the use of Services;
- The quality of Services, information, or other material obtained by you from or through the Platform will meet your expectations.
- The Company shall not be liable, whether in contract or in tort in any manner whatsoever for:
- any interruptions in the services;
- delay in access or interruptions on the Platform;
- loss, theft, non-delivery, destruction, corruption, of data;
- any loss or damage incurred as a result of your access or usage of the Platform;
- the occurrence of any viruses, malfunctions, system failures, technical problems in connection with the Platform;
- inaccuracies or omission in the content;
- any other event beyond the control of the Company.
- In order to render Services, the Company may be required to enter onto arrangement or agreements with third-party payment gateways, facilitators, processors and other financial institutions authorized by the Reserve Bank of India for collection, refund, remittance or payment made by you through the Platform. The Company hereby disclaims all warranty in respect of any of the Services brought to you by the third-party service providers.
- The Company shall assume no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to you or any third-party due to:
- Lack of authorization for any transaction;
- Illegitimacy of the payment method (including debit/credit cards fraud) being used by you;
- Lack of authorization for any transaction made using the Platform;
- Decline of transactions by Issuing Bank for any other reason whatsoever.
- The use of the Platform and any resultant connection, exchange, communications or transaction does not constitute an offer, advice, counseling, recommendation on part of the Company and any loss, liability, expenses, damages, judgments incurred by any User as a result of entering into a transaction by using the Platform shall solely and exclusively be the responsibility of and borne by such User and the Company shall not bear any liability or responsibility for the same.
- The Platform is merely an intermediary and provides an interface for Users to voluntarily register themselves by providing certain data and information in accordance with their individual preferences to enter into a transaction and availing the services herein.
- The Company takes reasonable measures and precautions for the protection and security of the information provided by the Users on the Platform; however, it shall not bear any responsibility or liability for any unauthorized or inappropriate use including without limitation any copying, printing, publishing, forging, reproductions, manipulation of the same by any other person or entity.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Except as otherwise provided under applicable laws, the Company shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to the use of this Platform or any other site linked to it. This limitation of liability applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages the Users or others may suffer, as well as damages for lost profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information, even if notified in advance of the potential for any such damages
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, if the Company is held liable for proven and actual loss or damage arise out of your use of the Services through the Platform, any liability of the Company towards you for any reason or cause whatsoever shall be limited to the transaction amount paid by such User for availing the services available on the Platform during the tenure of membership.
- Users shall indemnify and hold harmless the Company and its representatives, affiliates, partners, contractors, officers, directors, employees and assigns against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, claims, damages including legal expenses that may be incurred by the Company as a result of or arising out of a User’s breach or violation of the provisions stipulated in these Terms and Conditions breach of any representation or warranty
- use of the Platform and its content
- availing the services, features, and offerings available on the Platform
- violation of the intellectual property or proprietary right of the Company or any third-party
- violation of the privacy, confidentiality, information or any other right of the Company or any third-party
- violation of any applicable laws any act, omission, fraud, misrepresentation on part of the User.
- The foregoing right to indemnity shall be in addition to any other right that may be available to the Company in equity or under applicable laws and the indemnity rights shall survive the termination of this Agreement and Users usage of the Platform.
13. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Agreement and its provisions shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of India and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts situated at New Delhi.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
Except where otherwise expressly provided, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the Users and the Company with respect to the subject matter contained herein and shall supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreements or communications pertaining to the same. In case of any inconsistency between the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and any other similar documents or understanding the provisions of this Agreement shall prevail.
15. TERM, TERMINATION, AND VIOLATION
Basically for how long you’re bound in this agreement. PLEASE READ THIS
- This Agreement shall be valid and continue to be operative as long as the Users continue to use the Platform.
- The Users are entitled to terminate this Agreement anytime by discontinuing their usage of the Platform and communicate the same in writing to the Company.
- The Company shall be entitled to terminate the usage, access, or membership of a User at any with immediate effect and with or without cause wherein the term cause shall mean the breach of any of the terms and conditions stipulated in this Agreement by a User.
- The rights, liabilities or obligations under this Agreement that may have accrued to the Company prior to the termination or expiration of this Agreement shall not be affected by such termination or expiration and the Company shall be entitled to enforce such rights, liabilities or obligations against the Users regardless of the same
If any portion of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable by any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, this Agreement as a whole shall not be deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, but only that portion of this Agreement that is unlawful, void or unenforceable shall be stricken from this Agreement.
You agree that if Donut does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Agreement (or which Donut has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Donut’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Donut.
All covenants, agreements, representations and warranties made in this Agreement shall survive your acceptance of this Agreement and the termination of this Agreement.